1. Short title, extent and commencement.—
(1) This Act may be called the Prevention of Money-laundering Act, 2002.
(2) It extends to the whole of India.
(3) It shall come into force on such date1 as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint, and different dates may be appointed for different provisions of this Act and any reference in any such provision to the commencement of this Act shall be construed as a reference to
the coming into force of that provision.
1. Came into force on 1-7-2005, vide G.S.R. 436(E), dated 1st July, 2005, published in the Gazette of India, Extra., Pt. II, Sec. 3(i), dated 1st July, 2005.